Whether your physical body or your home, regular maintenance and upkeep is the key to a healthy life! Your heating is used for several months of the year and your air conditioning is well utilized during the warmer and dryer months. Annual or seasonal service is the best preventative measure to ensure your heating and cooling systems are in great conditioning and Air Conditioning (Kelowna).
Today, we’ll uncover the importance of maintaining your heating and air conditioning, Kelowna!
What is HVAC?
HVAC is an acronym for heating, ventilation, and air conditioning. Depending on the systems you have installed in your home, you will require various items in order to maintain the health of your equipment and indoor quality.
In Kelowna, you may suffer during wildfire season. You’ll probably agree with us when we say that the outdoor air quality is uncomfortable and unsettling. Your HVAC systems do a lot more than just heating and cooling. The air filters look out for your indoor air quality. How awesome is that?
Benefits of Regular Maintenance for Your Kelowna Heating and Air Conditioning
Just as you may exercise, eat healthily, and take vitamins, your physical home also requires tune-ups and service in order to have optimum health. So why is it so important to do regular maintenance on the heating and cooling systems?
- Consult Instructional Manual: When you get your HVAC installed or you’re moving into a new home, be sure to read the instructional manual. By understanding the recommended care for your systems, you’ll improve your indoor air quality, lifespan, and energy efficiency!
- Improved Air Quality: Your air filters will capture dust, pet dander, air pollutants, and bacteria. Clean out or replace your air filters as needed. Each system and company will suggest different filter replacement dates. Follow your manufacturer’s recommendations for what air filter your system requires.
- Energy-Efficiency Enhanced: By cleaning out your filters and having annual maintenance, you’ll be sure that your systems will operate optimally and, thereby, reducing your utility bills!
- Optimal Lifespan: When you take care of your HVAC systems, you’ll improve the longevity since it won’t have to overwork to produce the environment your desire. Annual tune-ups will minimize the chance of costly damages and repairs!
If you’re looking to replace your air filters, this comprehensive article may help you decide which one to purchase
HVAC Maintenance Checklist
Now that you are aware of the importance of regular maintenance for your heating and air conditioning, let’s do a quick run-through of what is highly suggested by HVAC technicians and manufacturers.
- Clean/replace air filters for improved air quality
- Clean and inspect ducts for debris to improve indoor air quality
- Clean condenser and evaporator coils to ensure the system works optimally
- Inspect the electrical components that may have worn out
- Have necessary parts lubricated
- Refrigerant levels need to be checked and filled as necessary
- Check carbon monoxide levels
- Have your thermostat inspected
- If you have a heat pump outside, make sure you have shade or covering to keep it out of the direct sun. It’ll have to work extra hard to provide you with cool air during the hotter months.
We highly suggest that you have your local plumber tune up and repair your HVAC systems. You won’t believe how much harder your HVAC systems need to work in order to keep up with your desired temperatures. When heating and cooling systems need to overwork, not only will it lessen the lifespan but you’ll also be paying an exuberant amount for your utilities.
To sum it up, take care of your household by having annual or seasonal maintenance for your heating and air conditioning, Kelowna! Have your air filters cleaned and replaced before the dry wildfire season. If you have children, the elderly, or immune-compromised folks in your home, air filter replacement will make a significant difference! On top of that, by performing annual or seasonal maintenance, you’ll notice a change in your utility bills as well.
Did you find this blog post helpful?
How often do you get your HVAC systems serviced?
Which are your go-to air filters to keep your indoor air quality supreme?
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!